Tuesday, February 10, 2009

UHG!!!!!

After 4 failed attempts at nabbing a Cannon S2 camera on e-bay, several late nights trying to get in that final last bid, a slow a$$ Internet connection, I am TOTALLY frustrated! I am beginning to wonder if maybe getting a new camera at a great price is not in the works right now.
I am feeling even MORE desperate because we leave in 7 days for our vacation, and I really wanted a camera to take with us. Finally tonight, after another failed attempt, I typed in our old camera model number and there are 2 of them out there that are going really cheap, so now do I go with the really nice one and just keep plugging along and hope for a break or do I put in a high bid on the old style camera, which I really like, that ends in 22 hours. Oh the pain and agony!

I will let you all know tomorrow night what transpires.

However through all this, I am getting a little better feel for The Youngest sleeping habit, which as an adult seem to be HORRIBLE. Does the typical 3 year old wake up multiple times a night with nightmares? This is all new to me and I just don't know what to make of it. Because of the Prednisone for my pneumonia & the new obsession with eBay, I have been staying up until 2ish in the morning and hear every little sound Lexi makes. For the last week she has consistently cried around 10 pm (about 2 hours after bed time) and then between 11 and midnight. Then around 2 a.m. on 3 nights, she actually got up out of bed and came out of her room. With the earlier times, I have been comforting her while she is still in that sleepy, bad dream state and as long as I don't kiss her, which normally she loves to get pecks on her forehead and cheek, she will go back to sleep. The 2 am one is a bit tougher because she is a wake and coherent. I have been walking her back to bed and rubbing her hair until she falls back to sleep - about 10 min. later.
I know she has been through a lot of transitions lately and even early in her life she had a lot of neglect for her basic needs - but I just want someone to say, do this or do that or you are doing okay.

And then, what happens when I finally start being able to sleep at my normal time? Half of me thinks it would be better to at least wait up until 11ish now, instead of my normal 9 pm.

This was not in MAPPS class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh the Agony!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girly. My 3 yr old spends weeks going through the exact same thing. It will get better, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouraging words. I have been hearing this from other todder parents. It makes me feel better. Hugs and Thanks again

    ReplyDelete