Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Family mattered most to Trochesset



Two weeks ago Ms. Sue passed away, and like most deaths we had a reality jolt. I feel so blessed that our daughters met her and shared a few special moments of her life.

To me, Grandma Sue was an icon. She represented a slower time, where family comes first - the same things I am trying to teach my girls. I want them to be lively, spunky ladies, yet always have a smile and kiss for family. I want them to appreciate the warm gentle touch of a hand, and idle chatter about weather while peeling potatoes. I want them to have her gift of southern hospitality and generosity. Everyday I want to see reminders of Grandma Sue in the actions of our family.

What a gift she has given our family and once again I say, "I feel very blessed".

Thank-you Grandma Sue.

Family mattered most to Trochesset - D'Iberville - SunHerald.com

No comments:

Post a Comment