Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring is beckoning . . .

and I am not quite ready. I am a winter person, and it is this time of year when I am reminded of The Waste Land

I'm a closet introvert, which I know surprises many. I love my friends and family dearly, and I do love social occasions and having fun. But after I have spent my energy out in the world, this bunny needs to hole up and recharge her batteries. So the winter recharges me. . .fills my love tank. . .nourishes my soul; however, this year, with so many activities outside the house, I didn't get recharged. I am not ready to shed the blanket of snow.

As John and the girls rejoice at the coming of Ra, I find myself grumpy and as disheveled as the wandering stars. I long to wander the hills in meditation, stroll among the goats in silence, and snuggle into the gentle warming of a bonfire. Then, as the soul is recharged, filled, nourished, I can gently welcome spring - hopefully more like a lamb, than a lion.

And through all this, may I teach my girls the beauty in quietness.

No comments:

Post a Comment