Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Love at First sight



Most parents have long birth stories, "I was in 20 hours of horrible back labor", but we don't have that with our girls - so we decided to make up our first stories and for me, it was love at first kiss.

It started on a cold November morning, we had received our first snow fall of the year - one of those crisp, clean snowfalls. Two shy, little girls made their way into the house and played in the living room for awhile, until it was decided that we would brave the cold November air to spy on the chickens. I picked the youngest one up, sat her on the kitchen island, looked deep into her hazel eyes (much the reflection of my own), and smooshed my nose to hers for an Eskimo kiss. . . that was when I fell in love with her. I can still hear little giggle and see the laughter light up her eyes.


For the older on it took a bit longer and was much subtler. But the moment of LOVE happened one evening, after a long day filled with many struggles. I tucked her into bed and gave Lexi her Paris kiss, which consists of a kiss on each check, "Maw, Maw" and at the end there is a, "Darling" with the flip of the wrist. I usually attempt this with she, but she just stares at me like she just isn't sure about the whole thing. BUT that night, as I leaned over to give her a kiss on her cheek. . . she smiled up at me with her two huge dimples, and a smile in her eyes, and said, "Me too - I want one too" and as I gave her the Paris kiss, she said it along with me and then said, "huggy".



We all have those moments in life, when we look into the eyes of those we love and it all clicks. I know have two more lives to love now.

No comments:

Post a Comment